<$BlogRSDUrl$>
week in blog

Don't Buy It Before You PriceSCAN It!

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Somerset Maugham Quotes (1874 - 1965) British Novelist and playwright 

- The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
- Anyone can tell the truth, but only very few of us can make epigrams.
- Perfection is what American women expect to find in their husbands ... but English women only hope to find in their butlers.
- I made up my mind long ago that life was too short to do anything for myself that I could pay others to do for me.
- At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely.
- The rain fell alike upon the just and upon the unjust, and for nothing was there a why and a wherefore.
- I've always been interested in people, but I've never liked them.

My favorite:
It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter

what blogs are good for, aside from ego expression... Sort of like putting your face, life story and personal opinions on a milk carton so other people can see them.