<$BlogRSDUrl$>
week in blog

Don't Buy It Before You PriceSCAN It!

Thursday, July 24, 2003

YOU SAID IT. By Laxman.  

- No, sir, this famine has not affected us. We have always starved here, you see.
- Here is my resignation! Our partymen have no faith in me. They think I am corrupt and incompetent. Still they want me to continue! ...
- OK, the PWD has no funds. But couldn’t they ask Mr Bill Gates to finance the repair of roads?
- Just say I’ll serve people loyally and faithfully...not necessary to add till I am toppled...
- I defected because I find in this party, funds, cars, houses, servants and other facilities to help me serve the people better!
- Nobody comes now -- they work from 5pm to 11pm because they get overtime.

Rasipuram Krishnaswami Laxman, India's most celebrated cartoonist. Forty years of cartooning have dimmed neither Laxman's brilliance nor the bafflement of his check-coated man who blinks at the political scene from his front-page corner in The Times of India.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter

what blogs are good for, aside from ego expression... Sort of like putting your face, life story and personal opinions on a milk carton so other people can see them.